Windows Defender Firewall basically makes it really easy to block harmful programs from accessing network resources on your PC. Just like that, you can unblock programs in Windows Firewall, in case you find that a speceific program is being unnecessarily blocked. Read this How Do I Block a Program in my Firewall.
Block and Unblock Programs in Windows Firewall
When trying to run a program on your Pc you may also come across a message. That the program that you want to access has been blocked via the Firewall on your PC.
In case if the program that you are trying to open is a legitimate program and you guys want to open it. Then you will have to unblock the program in Windows Firewall as well.
Just like that, in case you come across an unknown or potentially harmful program.You can also block the program to access network resources on your computer via Windows Defender Firewall.
How Do I Block a Program in my Firewall
In Microsoft Windows 10 you guys can set the Windows Defender Firewall in order to block or unblock some applications. Here’s how you can do that.
- First of all, just choose the “Start” button, then type “firewall“.
- Then select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Select the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane
- Then you have to uncheck the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources actually. When checking it allows access as well. You can also check the boxes to the right of the name that is actually labeled “Private” or “Public”. In order to allow and disallow the app on private or public networks respectively.
- If the program you guys want to block or unblock is not listed. Then you can tap on the “Allow another app…” button in order to add it. Select the application in the list and then choose “Add“. If the program is not in this list. Then you can use the “Browse…” button in order to select the program file manually.
Well, I hope you like this article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.