I was attempting to capture a picture of the screen using my Samsung Galaxy Note8 Android phone this morning and was greeted along with a message that told me “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy“. What could actually be causing this issue? If you are doing a computer standby or mobile standby. Most of the time you can’t take a screenshot due to security policy. Read this How to Fix Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy.
This issue can also happen on your mobile or if you guys are using any app then you want to take a screenshot from there as well. Whenever you take a screenshot, you get an error. That error is something just like this “can’t take screenshot due to security policy”.
In this topic, Reason will tell you why this error basically occurs and how you can solve it. So let’s get started why I can’t take screenshots due to security policy?
- 1 Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy
- 1.0.1 Where Do We actually Get This Error?
- 1.0.2 Chrome Incognito Mode
- 1.0.3 Policy set on Phone
- 1.0.4 Policy set in App
- 1.0.5 Private Chrome Browser
- 1.0.6 Facebook, Instagram Error: can’t take screenshot due to security policy
- 1.0.7 How can I take a screenshot due to security policy?
- 1.0.8 Android: can’t take screenshot due to security policy?
- 1.0.9 Method of How to bypass screenshot due to security policy?
- 1.0.10 How can you Take a screenshot With Google Assistant
- 1.0.11 Conclusion
- 1.1 Related
Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy
Where Do We actually Get This Error?
- This error can happen to you on Facebook, Instagram, and the same apps.
- If you are via Private Google Chrome on your mobile or PC, this may be an error.
Chrome Incognito Mode
The Android OS now avoids screenshots from being taken whenever in Incognito Mode in the Chrome browser. There is currently no way in order to disable this “feature”. You can also install Firefox and take a screenshot in Incognito mode there. However, if you are taking a screenshot in Google Chrome, you guys must not be using Incognito Mode in order to do it.
Policy set on Phone
If your Android device was issued to you through a school or company, they may have enforced policies that avoid screenshots. The policy can also be enforced if you guys have added a company account to your phone.
You will either have to talk to the IT department, or delete the account associated along with the policy from “Accounts” in “Settings“.
Policy set in App
Some of these apps have a policy that avoids screenshots from being taken. Financial apps like investing and banking commonly have screenshots disabled for security purposes as well. It avoids malicious code from being able to run in the background of your device and then send a copy of your screen to a hacker as well.
Private Chrome Browser
Whenever you guys take a screenshot whenever you are using a private browser, you guys get this kind of error, “can’t take screenshot due to security policy”. So how can you really solve it? You can close your private browser and also install Firefox. In it, you guys can also go to a private browser and take screenshots.
However if you don’t want to install Firefox, you guys want to be able to take screenshots in Google Chrome itself. So you can close Google Chrome’s private browser and just take a screenshot. But if you still can’t get a screenshot, and it means the site or app from that you want to get a screenshot as well. It has privacy so you guys don’t have to take shortcuts. So here’s how you can make it solve.
Facebook, Instagram Error: can’t take screenshot due to security policy
If you guys are using an app like Facebook or Instagram then you guys get this error. So it actually means that the person who really wants to take a screenshot of the chat or his post has been given privacy as well.
There are a lot of social media platforms that give many functions to their users. If the user wants, then you can take a screenshot of his profile or his chat. If he doesn’t actally want to, you can’t as well.
How can I take a screenshot due to security policy?
There are a lot of ways to take a screenshot, however, you will have to see. That method works on your mobile or laptop as well.
- If you guys are using a laptop. If you guys have tried the above method. However, it is not working then what you folks have to do is follow the step below.
- You have to try the snipping tool and if it works or not, you can also take an easy screenshot from it.
- First of all, you can also do a screen recording. You can also use any software for screen recording. Screen recording permits you in order to open the site when the side is open as well. You keep recording for one to two minutes as well. Just close the site later, then you can open the video and also take a screenshot from there.
Android: can’t take screenshot due to security policy?
If you are using Android or iPhone, and then the first method is basically to download any app that records your screen. Then you can also take screenshots via screen recording as well.
Method of How to bypass screenshot due to security policy?
The second way you guys can use Google Assistant on your mobile is basically to go to your Play Store and then download Google. Then follow the steps below and also set it up. I will tell you later how you can take a screenshot.
- You just have to open what you have downloaded from the Google play store and on the bottom right side, you guys will see the “More” button and tap on it.
- Also, you will find many options, one of which is to tap on Settings.
- You guys will find the Google Assistant option through clicking on it,
- There you guys will find a lot of options regarding Google Assistant, however, you have to head to the Assistant option.
- Scroll down a bit and you will also see the Assistant Devices section. From there you have to tap on the phone.
- Then you will get the standby screen context option via tapping on it to turn it on.
- This is your complete setting, and now you will be able to solve this error “can’t take screenshot due to security policy”.
How can you Take a screenshot With Google Assistant
You can easily take screenshots along with Google Assistant. You may also have heard the name of Siri. It is an app on the iPhone that also works just like Google Assistant.
Google Assistant and Siri are really great apps. You can also make it standby and make it work on your mobile through your voice as well. It works as your assistant, that’s why it’s named after the assistant as well.
- In order to take a screenshot from it, you guys have to open the application where you want to take a screenshot.
- Then you have to long-press your home button as well. Google Assistant will also open in front of you.
- Now here you guys will find two options, one for the keyboard and the many other for the mic.
- If you choose the keyboard option, you guys have to type “Take a screenshot” there, then your screenshot will be taken as well.
- If you choose the Mike option, you guys have to say “Take a screenshot”. Then your screenshot will be taken as well.
Well, I hope you like this article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.