By default, Spotify automatically starts each and every time you sign in to your Windows 10 Computer. If you guys don’t want it running in the background and slowing down your boot process. Then you can disable Spotify’s autostart feature. Read this How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup.
With time you may have installed a collection of applications on your computer. But, it is irritating that many apps you installed will actually add themselves to your boot process for many reasons. That may bog down the boot process substantially. Some of these apps are really useful — cloud syncing services such as, which work best when you guys don’t have to remember to turn on them. However, not all are necessary such as Spotify, which should be launched when you need it.
Yes, a lot of people may encounter the same issue above. Spotify keeps opening automatically on the startup of the PC. The reason is unknown, however, it always happens after the program’s auto-update actually. If you also have this issue, no worry, you have to follow the instruction below. You guys will learn three methods in order to stop Spotify from starting whenever your computer boots.
How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup
Avoid Spotify from starting when your PC boots via turning off an automatic startup.
- First, open “Spotify“.
- Choose “Edit‘ > “Preferences” in Microsoft Windows or “Spotify” > “Preferences” in macOS.
- You have to scroll all the way to the bottom and choose the “Show Advanced Settings” button.
- Now scroll to the “Startup and Window Behaviour” section.
- For the “Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer” setting, yu should use the drop-down menu to choose “No“.
The setting is automatically saved when it’s selected. Now Spotify should no longer automatically open whenever you start your computer. I should mention here that I discovered a service called “SpotifyWebHelper”. That allows you in order to start Spotify from a web page. You can turn on “SpotifyWebHelper” from starting via turning the “Allow Spotify to be started from the Web” setting to “Of as well
Option 2 (Windows Only)
If you’d rather not dig via Spotify’s settings, then you can also cut Spotify’s autostart behavior off through the Windows Task Manager. The Task Manager also has a built-in Startup tab. That lets you control that programs start along with your PC.
- Right-tap a blank area of the taskbar, and then select “Task Manager“.
- Choose the “Startup” tab.
- Right-tap “Spotify“, and then choose “Disable“
Turn off Spotify App Auto-Start via Some Cleaning Tools
Well, if neither suggestion above worked for you, then you may have to turn to method 3. Downloading some tools in order to help you manage the startup apps. There are a lot of free and famous programs that can also clean up startup items for you. That includes items in the system registry, such as, CCleaner.
CCleaner is actually a general tool that supports to does a lot of cleanings. (Such as clean up the registry, cookies, other undesirable elements), and it also permits you to delete entries from the startup file.
You can head to https://www.ccleaner.com/ in order to download the program.
Here are the steps of how you can manage auto-starting programs via CCleaner.
- Open the CCleaner and click the Tools icon at left, then just tap on the Startup button.
- In the Startup screen, you guys will see a list of all items that have been set to start automatically along with Windows. Those that have disabled will be grayed out and will also state “No” in the Enabled column.
You can do one of the following:
- In order to avoid a program from starting with Windows, choose the program entry and click Disable.
- To avoid a program from starting with Windows and to delete it from the auto-start list. Choose the program entry and tap on Delete.
- All done. Now your Spotify app should remove from startup as well.
How can you Convert Music from Spotify to MP3 Format
It is widely known that all tracks from Spotify are armed along with DRM protection. So even you have paid for the service, you are not able to transfer and also enjoy Spotify music on an MP3 player or burn to a CD. That is actually a huge pain for those who actually want to enjoy Spotify songs on more devices.
But fortunately, NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter actually comes to rescue you. It is famous and well-recognize music to convert tool for Spotify. Capable of downloading and also converting any song, playlist, and podcast from Spotify in order to plain formats ( MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV) at 5X speed along with all ID3 tags kept. It is fully compatible with the latest Windows & Mac OS & Spotify as well. Over these years, its also user-friendly design and lifetime free updates & technical support have gained constantly increasing fans too. Along with this comprehensive audio tool, and you can easily get rid of the restriction of DRM, and also convert those songs to MP3 format.
Well, I hope you like this “how to stop Spotify from opening on startup” article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.