Well, Facebook Messenger is a really great tool for instantly contacting friends and family. What if you guys want to take a break from chatting and would prefer not to be bothered as well? Did you guys know Messenger permits you to turn off chat so that you guys won’t appear in your friends’ “Active” lists as well? Friends can still send you messages even whenever you guys have chat turned off. However, by appearing to be “inactive,” you may discourage them from doing that. Read this How to Turn Off Chat On Facebook In Android. Let’s begin!
If you guys have yet to try this feature yourself, our guide will also show you how.
Note: These screenshots were basically captured in the Facebook Messenger application on iOS actually.
How to Turn Off Chat On Facebook In Android
If you guys are via Facebook for Android, you guys may want to control if Facebook Chat is turned on or off. Here’s each and everything you have to know about turn on or turn off the feature.
Turn on or Turn off Chat or Messaging
There are mainly two ways that you can turn Facebook Chat on or off from your Android. One involves the standard Facebook app as well. Another also involves the separate Facebook Messenger app.
You can also turn Facebook Chat on or off from the standard Facebook app via these steps:
- First of all, you have to open the “Facebook” app.
- Click the menu icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen in order to expand your options.
- Then tap on “Messenger” in the “Apps” section.
- Press the Gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now check the “On” box in order to turn Facebook Chat on. Then uncheck the box in order to turn it off.
If you guys have Facebook Messenger installed on your Android device, then you should use these steps:
- First of all, just open the “Messenger” app.
- Click on the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen as well.
- Press the “Active” selection at the top of the screen as well.
- Now toggle your name to “On” or “Off” as you want.
Note: Facebook Chat is off whenever you use Facebook Messenger.
Chat or Messaging Notifications
What you guys should probably know is the above settings only control your visibility for many other users. Turning the setting on or off will only show or not show you guys online respectively. Folks can still send you messages and you guys will still get notifications whenever somebody sends you one actually.
If you guys want to receive or not receive Facebook Chat notifications, then you can use these steps:
- To start, you need to open the “Facebook” app.
- Click on the “Menu” icon, located at the upper-right of the screen.
- Choose “App Settings“.
- Scroll down to the “Messages” area and then toggle “Facebook chat” to “On” or “Off” as you want.
If you guys want to turn Notifications off from the Facebook Messenger app, then just use these steps:
- First of all, you need to open the “Messenger” app actually.
- Click on the Person icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then choose “Notifications & Sounds“.
- Now slide the “Notification previews” setting to “On” or “Off” as you guys want. You can also check or uncheck “Vibrate“, “Light“, or “Sound” if you guys want to turn certain types of notifications on or off as well.
Well, I hope you like this article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.
Also See: How Do I Block a Program in my Firewall