Well, Guys! The Google Chrome’s Incognito Mode is a much neat feature. It permits you to keep your browsing history private when using a public PC or somebody else’s device. You are also able to use it on your own device for personal purposes. In this guide you will learn the way to Turn Off the Incognito Mode in Google Chrome.
However, here is the way to disable Incognito Mode in Chrome for both Windows & Mac OS X.
- 1 Incognito Mode
- 1.1 Way To Disable Incognito Mode In Windows
- 1.2 Way To Disable Incognito Mode In Mac OS X
- 1.3 Disable Incognito Mode on an Android Device
- 1.4 Using Parental Controls
- 1.5 Additional FAQ
- 1.6 Windows
- 1.7 macOS
- 1.8 Conclusion
- 1.9 Related
Well, the Incognito Mode in Chrome is Google’s executation of private browsing. Users are also able to activate this mode & surf the internet just without Chrome recording any cookies, usernames, passwords, or history. However, this is also be able to a concern for parents just because it could permit children to see pornography or other unsuitable material just without leaving behind any follows. However, the Incognito Mode in Chrome is same as Private Browsing in Firefox & InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer.
Further, the Incognito Mode can also be turned off in Google Chrome in Windows just by editing the registry. It is also be able to disabled it in Mac OS X by editing the Chrome property list file.
Way To Disable Incognito Mode In Windows
Firstly, you guys should head to the registry editor:
- First of all head to the Start menu
- In the search box, must type “regedit”
- Though a program called regedit.exe will appear, simply tap on this
- Whether a warning comes up tap Yes
Must read this article: Way to Transfer Files B/W Android & Windows 10 through Bluetooth
Then navigate to the Policies key:
- Here you have to start by double-clicking on “Computer”
- Next double tap on “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”
- Then double click on “SOFTWARE”
- At alast, double click on “Policies”
Then create a new entry called IncognitoModeAvailability:
- Here you have to first of all Right-click on “Policies” and choose the New >> Key
- Now enter “Google” (without the quotes) as the name of the key
- Right-click on “Google” & choose the New >> Key
- Enter “Chrome” (without the quotes) as the name of the key
- Right-click on “Chrome” & choose New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Enter “IncognitoModeAvailability” (without the quotes) as the name
- Right-click on “IncognitoModeAvailability” & choose the “Modify…”
- Type a 1 in the “Value Data” text box
- Here tap OK and then quit he Registry Editor program
- Reboot the Google Chrome and now whether you guys head to the settings menu, the “New incognito window” option will be disabled.
Way To Disable Incognito Mode In Mac OS X
However, the file that simply needs to be edited is located at “/Users//Library/Preferences/com.google.Chrome.plist”. Usually the contents of the user’s Library folder are kept hidden in order to stop accidental conversions. In order to open the folder:
- Simply switch to the Finder app. Now you will know that you guys must have selected the Finder app when the bold word next to the Apple logo at the top-left of the screen says “Finder”. You are also able to either tap anywhere on the Desktop. Choose the left-most icon in the Dock, to switch to Finder.
- From the top menu, tap “Go”, and then “Go to Folder…”
- Here paste in the following & press Go: “~/Library/Preferences” (without quotes)
However, the file to edit which is known as the “com.google.Chrome.plist”. You guys will must need to download a text editor program in order to make conversions to this file; TextEdit, a program that comes with Mac OS X, will not work. Similarly, an easy-to-use & totally free program that will work is TextWrangler.
At a time when you guys have a text editor program installed, head to the file:
- Here Right-click on the file named “com.google.Chrome.plist” & choose the “Open With…”, then “Other” at the bottom.
- Now locate and choose your text editor program.
- Here the file will open within your program.
Similarly, the last two lines of the file should newely be:
However, you guys will now must need to insert the following lines before these:
Just after the change, the last four lines should seems as this:
Explanation: the IncognitoModeAvailability policy also has just three possible settings:
- 0 = Incognito mode available
- 1 = Incognito mode disabled
- 2 = Incognito mode forced
Confirm the Chrome is exit before saving. Even whether all Chrome windows are closed, Chrome are also able to running in the background. However, you will know whether Chrome is quit whether there is no glowing dot underneath Chrome’s logo in the Dock, or whether Chrome’s logo is not in the Dock.
This should not alter the benefit of the process.
It probably happen that, as you guys reopen the .plist after saving & closing, the last lines of the .plist file don’t include your edit furthermore. Just before concluding that your edit failed, now checked the rest of the file (in specific the first lines after ). It probably be that the code also has been reorganized & that your insertion has been transferred somewhere else. Thus this should not alter the benefit of the process.
At a time when you guys save the file, you can also re-open Chrome. So you will then notice that whether you click “File” in the top menu bar, the “New Incognito Window” option will also be disabled. Now notice that you probably need to reboot your system for the modification to be effective.
Disable Incognito Mode on an Android Device
Except a PC, just disabling the Incognito Mode on Android devices cann’t be completed by playing with the device’s settings. Luckily, there are third-party mobile applications that will also render the Incognito Mode useless.
One such application is Incoquito. However, when you install it on an Android device, it offers you lots of options. Yes, there is an option to stop any Incognito Mode tabs from opening. It is also able to allow the user to surf in Incognito Mode. But have Incoquito log all events & activities regardless. The application also has the notification settings too, permitting you to inform the user whether their activities are logged whilst surfing incognito.
Another similar application is Incognito Away. Apart from this the blocking the Incognito Mode on Google Chrome, it works with many other browsers as well. Though these include Microsoft Edge, Brave Browser, Iron Browser, Ecosia, Start Internet Browser, Yu Browser, also the Google Chrome versions DEV, BETA, & Canary.
However, these applications are not free, they are basically much cheap. As well as when you guys consider that you are finally able to secure your children from any unwanted content.
Using Parental Controls
Whether you would like to disable Incognito Mode & also for some cause our methods do not work. However, you can also make a child’s account just by using the Google & install the ‘Family Link’ application. Google’s official stance is that children unable to access Incognito mode so presuming you are doing this to make sure a young person doesn’t explore everything on the web, this is another viable option.
Similarly, the Google also has an complete support article on the subject with links to support you launch everything. We also have a support article to walk you through the step-by-step procedure.
Can you disable incognito mode on an iPhone
Unluckily, you guys are not able to stop any use of Incognito Mode for Google Chrome on an iPhone or iPad. In order to confirm no one uses your device incognito, you are also able to do this just via Safari. Whether this is of utmost importance to you, next you should consider removing Google Chrome from your device.
To entirely disable Private Browsing mode on Safari, must follow the steps below:
- First of all head to the Settings on your iOS device.
- Click General.
- Click the Screen Time.
- Here you have to tap Restrictions. Please note that whether you are using an previous version of iOS. Though you will be able to head to the Restrictions menu directly from the General menu.
- Click the Enable Restrictions.
- Now enter a passcode you would like to use for this feature. Similarly, it ensures no one will also be able to lift the restrictions but you. Confirm you remember the passcode in case you like to enable Private Browsing at some point in the future.
- Now drop down until you reach the Websites entry. Click it.
- In the Allowed Websites section, click Limit Adult Content.
At a time when you perform this, you will importantly disable any private browsing on this device. Though What is more, this will clear the Private button you are also able to usually see in the lower-left corner of the tab view in Safari.
Definetly, this action also has a side effect. Similarly, by limiting adult content on a device, it will also not be much possible to visit any websites Apple has flagged as unsuitable for minors. Whether you really have to do so, though you are also able to all the time disable the Limit Adult Content option by using the passcode you have created for this cause
Whether you like to stop the use of Incognito Mode in the Google Chrome web browser. However, you are also able to disable the feature using these steps.
- Here you must have to hold down the Windows Key & press “R” to bring up the Run box.
- Now type “regedit“, next press “Enter“.
- Now you should navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” > “SOFTWARE” > “Policies” > “Google” > “Chrome“.
Note: You probably have to make the “Google” and “Chrome” folders.
- Now right-click “Chrome” and choose “New” > “DWORD 32-bit value“
- Here give the value a name of “
- Now double-click on “
IncognitoModeAvailability“. A box will also appear where you are also able to set the value data to “1“.
- Reboot the PC and the option to choose “Incognito Mode” in Google Chrome will be gone.
On the other hand, you are alslo able to download this registry import file & then run it to set the changes for you.
- However, From the Finder, choose the “Go” > “Utilities“.
- Now you should head to the “Terminal” application.
- Then type the following, then press “Enter“:
defaults write com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1
- Finally reboot your Mac. The Incognito Mode option will no longer be available
Whether you guys like to revert this setting and permit Incognito Mode again, perform the exact steps, only change the “1” to a “0”
Must read this article: Groovepad Online for PC, Windows and Mac – Free Download
Incognito Mode in Chrome is Google’s executation of private browsing. Users are also able to activate this mode & surf the internet just without Chrome recording any cookies, usernames, passwords, or history. However, this is also be able to a concern for parents just because it could permit children to see pornography or other unsuitable material just without leaving behind any follows. Thoough the Incognito Mode in Chrome is same as Private Browsing in Firefox & InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer. However, here in this guide you guys have learned the way to disable Incognito Mode in Chrome for both Windows & Mac OS X. If you face any difficulty or have any queries so you can ask us in the comments section below. We will try to reply to you as soon as possible.