Well, about a month ago, I accidentally dropped my two and a half years old iPhone 7 from a height of about 3 feet when connecting the charging cable to the phone. There were cracks on the screen, and then I decided to buy a new iPhone 8 rather than repairing the old one’s screen. Read this iPhone X Windows 10 Driver not Detecting Error.
After using the new iPhone for about three weeks, I decided to perform a backup via connecting it to my Windows 10 PC. However, for some reason, iTunes installed on Windows 10 was not detecting the iPhone even after you reconnect the phone multiple times. The old iPhone had no issues whatsoever along with the same PC.
If the iTunes on your Windows 10 PC does not actually detect your iPhone, iPod, or iPad, the following solution might help you in order to fix the issue.
- 1 iPhone X Windows 10 Driver not Detecting Error
iPhone X Windows 10 Driver not Detecting Error
- First, you have to make sure that the latest version of iTunes is installed.
- Plug your Apple device into a USB port on your PC, via the included USB cable.
- Ensure your device is on the Home screen. If there is any prompt to “Trust“, then just choose to trust the device.
- In Windows, you need to choose “Start“, and then type “Control Panel“.
- Now just choose “Control Panel” in the list of items to open.
- Select “Devices and Printers“ as well.
- Your iPhone or iPad should now display in the “Unspecified” section actually. Right-tap on it and then choose “Properties“.
If you guys don’t see your device listed here, then make sure you have selected to trust the PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.
- Choose the “Hardware” tab, then tap on the “Properties” button.
- From the “General” tab, just choose the “Change settings” button.
- You have to select the “Driver” tab, and then choose “Update Driver“.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software“.
- You have to choose “Browse…” then navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you guys don’t have this folder, then check in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you still don’t see it, then try to uninstall and reinstall iTunes.
- Now tap on “Next” > “Close“.
Your Apple device should now be detected successfully within iTunes actually.
Make sure Services are Running
- Choose the “Start” button, and type “services.msc“, then click on “Enter“.
- Make sure the following services are ready to start automatically and are starting:
- iPod Service
- Apple Mobile Device Service
- Bonjour Service
If you use a Mac
- You need to connect your iOS or iPadOS device and make sure that it’s unlocked and on the Home screen as well.
- On your Mac, you have to hold down the Option key, and then tap on the Apple menu, and select System Information or System Report.
- From the list on the left, and choose USB.
- If you guys see your iPhone, iPad, or iPod under USB Device Tree. You can get the latest macOS or install the latest updates. If you guys don’t see your device or still need some help, contact Apple Support.
Try Another USB Port
You need to connect iPhone to another USB port on your computer and then see if it now shows up in iTunes or not.
Also, make sure that the cable that you use to connect iPhone to computer is not broken or damaged. If another USB cable is available, then try the new cable and see if it fixes the problem or not.
Trust Computer on iPhone
Because of a security feature in iOS, you guys won’t be able to access iPhone or iPad on computer. Unless the computer has been trusted on your iOS device actually.
- You have to unplug iPhone from the computer > wait for 30 seconds > Plug iPhone back into the computer
- Then you will see “Trust This Computer?” pop-up on the screen of your iPhone as well.
Click on the Trust option to trust your computer.
After this, your iPhone should show up in iTunes, File Explorer and also on Device Manager screen.
Update Apple Mobile USB Device
The problem of iPhone that is not showing up in iTunes on your computer might be because of an outdated device driver. Thus, follow the steps below to update Apple Mobile USB device driver on your computer.
- Just plug iPhone into the USB port of PC.
- Right-tap on the Start button and tap on Device Manager.
- On Device Manager screen, you need to expand the entry for Universal Serial Bus Devices, right-tap on Apple Mobile Device USB Device and then tap on Update Driver.
- On the next screen, you need to click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Fow just follow the prompts as Windows 10 tries to search and install Updated driver on your computer.
If Windows is unable to find Updated Driver software, then try to locate the Driver manually via tapping on Browse my computer for driver software option and then look for Driver in the following locations
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
Set Apple Services to Start Automatically
You have to follow the steps below to make sure that Apple Services are running and are set to start Automatically on your PC.
- Right-tap on the Start button and click on Run.
- In the Run Command window, you have to type and click on OK.
- Now on the Services screen, just make sure that Apple Mobile Device Service, Bonjour Service and iPod Service are running. And they are ready to start automatically on your PC.
If Apple Services are not set to start automatically, then just double-tap on the Service > on the next screen. Change Startup type to Automatic and then Start the service (in case it is not running).
- Tap on OK in order to save the settings and then close the screen.
If above methods did not work, then you have to uninstall iTunes and Reinstall it back again on your computer.
- You need to open Settings > click on Apps.
- On the Apps screen, just type iTunes in the Search bar > click on iTunes > Uninstall.
- Now just download and install the latest version of iTunes for Windows on your PC.
Well, I hope you like this “iphone x windows 10 driver” article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.