Well, Facebook has always been doubted along with misusing user data, the new Whatsapp privacy policies throw a ton of questions over its security and data privacy actually. However, WhatsApp alternative apps favor for better security, they are worthy enough to be your daily social messaging app? Both the Telegram and the all-new Signal (endorsed via the world’s richest man, Elon Musk) are being considered the best Whatsapp alternatives given the security features offered as well. Should you switch? Let’s now read the article to know about Signal vs Telegram – Which App Suits You Best.
Signal vs Telegram – Which App Suits You Best
We will discuss all of the things you get and lose through choosing one of these messengers over the others. So you can make a well-educated choice about which app you want to or you should use.
- It designs from the ground up to be nothing, however, a secure messaging platform.
- It’s not oddly hacked onto an existing platform as well.
- Fully open-source actually.
- Extremely familiar, and also intuitive interface.
- Permits audio chat, with verification.
- Pretty buggy, especially on iOS.
- Not widely used or known actually.
- Needs your phone number for contact discovery.
- Anyone intent on tracking your internet use can see you are using Signal. But, they won’t be able to read your messages as well.
Signal application is basically owned by the nonprofit Signal Foundation. Signal gives open-source Signal Protocol in order to implement E2E encryption service. If you guys are one of those who consider personal privacy paramount for communication, then Signal is actually the best option for you.
It basically asks for just the phone number to register and get a unique user ID. That’s just it. You can invite your friends or start chatting with folks who already installing Signal with no worry of, someone is tracking. Nobody, also including Signal has access to messages or multimedia content. That is transferred between folks on the messenger app or over the server. It also gives the 2FA feature in order to block the screenshots facility in this application.
- You guys can use this app on multiple devices.
- Secured transmission of messages along with the provision of end-to-end encryption to maintain the privacy of your chats.
- Ability to share videos of a size of more than 1 GB.
- This app is 100% free of cost and no ads displays as well.
- This app does not give the option of voice messaging.
- With many communication apps already famous, this app will find it difficult to gain popularity actually.
In terms of security between Signal vs Telegram, Telegram isn’t one of the best apps actually. First of all, the end-to-end encryption feature isn’t turned on by default. And you can only use end-to-end encryption along with secret chats actually. The normal chats encrypt on your device then sent to Telegram’s servers as well, Decrypts. You can have encrypt again in order to send them to the receiver’s end.
That means you guys also can’t have end-to-end encryption in group chats as well. But, you do get the built-in app lock feature on Telegram. So in terms of security, Telegram is pretty underwhelming. And in terms of privacy, or collection of data in general, Telegram is a bit better since it collects only the contact info and contacts from you. That is still not good if it doesn’t have good security actually.
Well, the signal seems to be the best choice for me, as it is really secure. However, the privacy on it is really good and it has all the basic features that you guys would need from an IM app. Telegram on the other hand is really unique along with all the bots and many other cool features.
It is a really good time to start using Signal or Telegram and also get your friends on it. So that you have a community there as well.
Well, I hope you like this article and understand all the steps. However, if you still have any problems and queries related to this article. Then feel free to ask me in the comments section below. I’ll get back to you shortly.