Whether you guys do not already know, that your PC has lots of files than what you usually see in File Explorer. However, lots of these files are hidden by your system for definite causes. Whether you guys like to access them, so then you can also easily get your machine just to show hidden files in Windows 10.
At a time when you guys have made the hidden files visible by using any of the methods. So then you will find them available ready in order to use in your folders with File Explorer.
- 1 Use Control Panel To Show Hidden Files In Windows 10
- 2 Edit a Registry Key In order to Turn On Hidden Files In Windows 10
In Windows 10 Use File Explorer To Show Hidden Files
The simplest way to show the hidden files in Windows 10 is to just enable an option in the File Explorer utility. However, it will also then make all of the hidden files visible just to you on your screen & it just takes enabling a single option in the tool.
- First of all, Head to any folder on your computer & it will organize the File Explorer utility. Next tap on the View tab at the top in order to manage how the tool displays your files.
- At a time when you guys are there, look towards the section that just says Show/hide. There is an option here, however, that just says Hidden items. It will be deselected by default & you guys must have to choose it to enable it.
- At a time when it is enabled, you guys will be able to view the hidden files available on your PC. You probably like to move to the folder where there are hidden files. Whether you do not see anything in the recent folder.
Use Control Panel To Show Hidden Files In Windows 10
Whether you guys are someone who just likes to use the traditional Control Panel utility in order to change your settings. However, you will also be glad to know you can also utilize it as well just to show hidden files on your Windows 10 PC. At a time again, it just requires turning on a single option.
- First of all, you have to organize the Control Panel by searching for & tapping on it in the Cortana search box.
- However, when it opens, simply choose the Large icons from the View by option at the top. Then find and tap on the option that says File Explorer Options.
- Tap on the View tab at the top to change your File Explorer see settings.
- You will find an option that just says Show hidden files, folders, & drives on your screen. Turn on this option in order to show hidden files & then tap on Apply followed by OK.
Edit a Registry Key In order to Turn On Hidden Files In Windows 10
However, you guys will probably not like to use a registry method for a task just like showing hidden files. But whether that is what you prefer for your tasks, you are also able to use it & make all of your hidden files visible in your file manager.
- First of all, press the Windows + R keys at the exact time, now type regedit in the box on your screen, & press Enter.
- Now when it opens, now navigate to the following path.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Simply now on the right-hand side, you will find lots of options that you guys can change. You like to find the one that says Hidden and double-tap on it to open it.
- Then by default, the entry should also have a value of 2 which keeps your hidden files hidden. You guys must have to alter this value to 1 to show hidden files on your Windows 10 PC. Make the change & tap on OK.
Recognizing Hidden Files In Windows 10
Whether this is your first time turning on & accessing hidden files on your machine. You will likely have no idea what these files just look like. However, these files are exactly the exact as any other files on your PC. These just seem as a bit different than the regular files at the time when you see them in the Explorer.
After turning on the option to show hidden files, you guys will view these files with a more light color to their icons. Whether you are looking at a hidden folder. You will view that its icon does not look as solid as that of a regular folder.
Similarly, just to recognize the hidden files & as well as the folders that amidst all the regular ones should not be too difficult as their appearance makes it really simple for you to find them.
Hiding Files In Windows 10
Whether you are done with what you wished to do with your hidden files. You probably like to disable them again on your PC. This way, they won’t come in your way when you guys are working with the regular files on your PC.
Similarly, simply hiding back the hidden files is too straight forward basically in Windows 10. However, you guys just need to do is turn off an option in the method that you used to turn on these files and you will be all set.
- Whether you used the File Explorer process to show hidden files, head to a File Explorer window. Tap on the View tab at the top, & untick the box that says Hidden items.
- Whether you go for the Control Panel method, here you have to go up to the File Explorer Options box. Next choose the option that says Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives. Then tap on Apply followed by OK.
- However, the windows Registry procedure users must have to simply change the value of the Hidden entry to 2. And you guys should be all set. It will turn off the option that shows hidden files on your computer.
Why Definite Files Are Always Hidden
Well, Guys! Whether you are anything just like us, so you will likely be curious. In order to find out exactly why your PC hides definite files on your system. Whilst those of you hiding their own files will have their own purposes for doing so. Microsoft basically just has a single purpose for it: to stop any accidental damage to your PC.
Furthermore, most files that are hidden by default are basically your core system files. They are hidden to make sure they do not get removed or modified. After all, these are core files, even though a bit of a modification to them probably lead to the malfunction of the complete system.
Must read this article: Way to Disable the Windows File Encryption (EFS)
Whether you guys used any of these processes to unhide your files, we would just like to know that what those files were & why you selected them in order to unhide them. Though we will wait for your response in the comments section below.